November 15th was coming up quick, and I was having lots of trouble coming up with a good gift idea for Suzie's birthday! Then, I got an idea and called Beth and Marie. As luck would have it, all three of us had that weekend free and the plans started to form...
Keeping these plans a complete secret from Susan, we managed to find out that she did plan to be home Friday through Sunday. Then, we coordinated our schedules to leave town by early afternoon on Friday so we could get to Portland before she went to bed.
As we drove west, ecstatic about our little surprise, my cell phone rang. It was Suzie! She was just getting off work and had some news about a surprise we'd been planning for Andy. Figuring she could hear the sounds of road travel, I led her to believe that Andy and I were headed home from work as well by using code words for our little secret from him and ending the conversation quickly to avoid losing cell phone service (which happens on our drive home).
We drove up Susan's street at about 8:30pm and parked quietly on the street. Then, we snuck up to her back door (one with no windows or peep holes) and all three of us knocked at the same time. We could hear her voice by the door and she opened the door a crack...
She looked puzzled for a second, then her jaw literally dropped, and she flung open the door and we were all talking exciting with Jersey jumping all around us. She could tell something was up!
What better birthday present than a bundle of sisters at your back door?!
We spent much of the next day shopping and playing with Jersey.
And, doing what we do best when we're together:
Although it was short lived, it was fabulous sister time!
On the way home, the three traveling sisters stopped by Multnomah Falls to see them in fall colors. It was well worth the stop.

2 comments:
I love the pictures of you girls. I am trying to decide which one is Beth and which is Susan from the back.
What fun to go hang out and I can't think of a better birthday present.
Oh you all are such great sisters!
You all kinda look alike in the pictures too, were the black tank tops done on purpose?
One other thing to satisfy my curiosity, what was the surprise for Andy that Susan called about?
Post a Comment