Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Road Worthy...Kinda

The days leading up to leaving for London flew by, and as I fretted and planned and packed, Andy worked hard on the Dodge. He knew in the time I'd be gone, he would accomplish a lot on it and be able to drive it quite a bit. And, being the thoughtful guy that he is, he wanted me to be a part of it's first roll down the road. So, here he is the night before he'd be taking me to the airport...filling up the transmission.
I came running out of the house at the sound of the Dodge firing up, and he said we were goin' for a ride!
"Whooo! It's ready?"
"Well, it runs and drives and kinda has brakes"
"Kinda?"
"Yeah, I'll just have to pump them a lot"
"Lights?"
"Not yet, but it's ok"

And, off we went.


What a thrill!

No comments: