Sept. 1st...I remember being a very relaxing day. I believe we played games and watched Wall-E. That might have been the day Andy taught me to play tennis too. And, I love the game now!
Sept. 2nd, we went to another resort down the road that had much better swimming facilities and paid for a 2-visits-in-1-day pass. We spent the hours before lunch floating and playing in the naturally warm water and watching brave kids do flips off the diving boards. Then, after dinner we returned to soak in the very crowded hot pool and swim some more. We even got to watch the moon rise over the mountains as we enjoyed the warmth of the hot springs.
It was raining a little as we ate breakfast on Sept. 3rd. There were fewer golfers outside our windows, but it didn't keep everyone away. At one point, we looked out the window and saw what looked like an ice cream golf cart zipping by! I wonder if it plays music...
The rain went away before long and we went for a drive to find more lakes. We ended up on a winding gravel mountain road that went along Whiteswan Lake and Alces Lake, where moose often hang out. We didn't see any, but it was a beautiful day to be out and about anyway.
Young collared mountain sheep trotted alongside the road as we drove slowly by.
The older ones hid in the brush away from the road.
Once again, we were awed by the intense colors of the water here!
We'd packed a lunch and found a spot near the lake to lay out a picnic.
I love mountain lakes!
Further along the winding road, we found a little creek. Don, the rockhound, went wading to see what he could find.
Faith joined him and they came back with all sorts of cool rocks.
Back at the resort, I was hoping for another game of tennis. But, the racquetball courts were calling to Andy and Faith, so I learned a little about that game before stepping out to let the two of them tear up the court.
That is one intense sport!

No comments:
Post a Comment