So...I'm 24 years old now.
Unless you ask Andy, who greeted me that morning with a groggy "Hey...you're a quarter of a century old..." (blame it on the fever he'd been fighting for the past few days :)
I was also greeted by this chilly sight - a skiff of snow on the 24th of March. But nevermind that! I was on my way to have my new favorite breakfast at the best place for such things - the Breakfast Club on Main Street, Moscow.

It was pleasant, sharing stuffed biscuits and gravy with 2 close friends from school before we all headed to our 9:30 classes. After that, I had no more class and didn't really feel like doing homework. What I really wanted, was to go home and prune all the fruit trees but the weather just would not cooperate with that idea!
So, instead, I wandered to Beth's apartment and had a great leftovers smorgasbord for lunch and caught up on stories. She ran off for class and Andy called to say he wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home early. No problem there!
Once home, he went right to bed and I decided a nap sounded good too! I woke up at 5, to a pounding hail storm, and got up to check email and wait for him to wake up enough to have some dinner.

Just knowing what was awaiting me for dinner, had my mouth watering! Andy had ordered some take-out Thai food and we broke out the china to enjoy a fancy little dinner of orange chicken, fried rice, pad thai, and a spring roll....yummmmmm

Dinner was followed by a relaxing feel-good movie, assembling a gift from Andy...

...and sharing the cutest little birthday cake I have ever seen!!

Now all is said and done, and I'm onto another exciting year with a new kitchen island (perfect for storing my baking supplies and rolling out my pastries), a deep stir-fry pan, a new cookbook, a beautiful hand-crafted necklace, sketchbooks and drawing supplies for London, a camera case and filters to try out on the camera, numerous cards, and countless emails and facebook messages. Thank you for thinking of me! You are all wonderful!!

and Janet...thank you for graciously sharing your day with me for the past 24 years.
I absolutely love having a birthday buddy! :)
4 comments:
Happy belated B-Day. It sounds like a fun day with just the right mix of everything - food, friends, and relaxation.
That is the cutest little b-day cake EVER!
I love the gifts; that Andyman is sure a catch!
I'd like to forget my birthday, but it is always fun to hear from you and know that we still share the day. That has been fun for me over the years too. Nothin' better than a little sister an my 8th birthday!
Post a Comment