Tuesday, March 3, 2009

G-G-G-G-Good Morning!

We were dragging this morning - having some trouble wanting to get out of bed - when we heard what sounded like a jackhammer or a semi using it's jake brakes...only it was right outside!

We heard the sound in little spurts and Andy realized that he'd heard it before while working in the shop. And, it had been a woodpecker trying to make a hole in the metal siding of the shop!
So, I got out of bed and started peeking out the windows, trying to see if we had a friend working away at the siding on our house, or the gutters or something.
I didn't see anything and it continued, so I decided to open the back door and see if the noise would scare it away.
Sure enough! What looked like a Downy woodpecker came from somewhere on top of the roof and flew off across the backyard to the neighbor's fruit trees.
Good riddance!
[compliments of: www.dcwild.com]

2 comments:

Tara A. Rowe said...

What are jake breaks?

Kristi said...

We only have lizards around here. I'm starting to miss birds!