Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jack Frost get Lost?

I went out to our garden after work on July 10th to pull weeds in the sunshine and 80 degree weather and found black leaves and drooping plants!
I guess it dipped down into the 30's the night before and killed off most of our garden!
Trying to look on the bright side of things, Andy and I decided it would give us more freedom because we wouldn't have so many plants to tend to anymore.
Well...they must have heard him because now they have decided to come back to life! The squash shown here now has new leaves as big as my hand and is happy as ever.
We're hoping the corn has enough time to recover and get some ears growing before the real cold season hits!

1 comment:

Heitmann Family said...

Our garden is just slow in growing. I don't think it is getting enough sunshine up next to our fence. We are just finally getting the plants to look like they are going to survive!!!