I…
1…love to take long walks – with people or alone – and usually lose track of time. If there are bends in the road/trail, curiosity will keep me going ‘til someone makes me turn back.
2…cannot cook/bake without following a recipe…to the ‘T’, but I really like to do it.
3…have run a mile in slippers late at night to find the moon and see if it was yellow. It wasn’t.
4…LOVE to make pies.
5…am not a fan of playing softball/baseball. In Jr. High, I’d play soccer or rugby with the boys while the girls played softball.
6…am the ultimate people-pleaser – just hate to disappoint others.
7…am very easily amused.
8…am horribly ticklish.
9…am instinctively shy, but love to meet people and learn all I can about them on first encounter.
10…get terrible stage fright - usually lose my voice to the point that I’m hoarse and talk really fast without breathing.
11…was valedictorian and planned a voiced-over slideshow so I wouldn’t have to go thru the above-mentioned stage fright. Still got nervous, just sitting in the audience listening to it!
12…am extremely patient.
13…love road trips.
14…like clouds – taking pictures of them, sleeping curled up in a blanket with them – they’re comforting.
15…just learned how to swim – at the age of 23 – and it’s like new-found freedom.
16…have all kinds of trouble remembering famous people’s names, band names, etc., but I can tell you the name of someone I met randomly on an airplane or in the laundromat years ago.
17…will keep a secret and often remember it longer than the person that told me to keep it!
18…can fall asleep on a dime and not move until I’m ready to wake up.
19…can remember random bits of information or childhood memories. They often run through my head during the day.
20…am not very competitive and would rather have everyone win.
21…like to analyze a situation, and point out all the sides to it.
22…am extremely trigger-happy with a camera.
23…give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and probably trust them more than I should.
24…am addicted to MSN messaging.
25…hate confrontation and usually revert to humor to avoid uncomfortable situations.
26…am angered by inconsiderate comments/actions.
27…cry when I’m frustrated.
28…also cry if I remember a time that made me cry – just comes right back
29…really like to walk around barefoot.
30…am content doing painfully tedious tasks.
31…am not fond of cats.
32…think it would be fun to have a pet snake that could go everywhere with me.
33…always stab the seal on my yogurt before peeling it off so it won’t squirt me. I realize that if you peel slowly enough, it won’t, but that takes too much concentration.
34…am a very messy eater – it’s a miracle if I make it thru a meal without dropping or dripping something on myself.
35…love contagious giggles.
36…can be cheered up simply with a returned smile.
37…have learned to love hugs
38…absolutely love to eat sugar snap peas straight from the garden.
39…can’t handle watching torture of any kind, on movies or anything
40…am not afraid of spiders, but they make my skin crawl if I’m in the shower and they come out of nowhere. For some reason, I feel a lot more vulnerable in that situation.
41…am way more skittish about ants and earwigs. Ants - because of an experience at a family reunion, and earwigs – because of hours spent peeling fruit while my mom canned and the ugly little buggers kept showing up in my scrap bucket.
42…cannot roll my tongue. Spanish was a tough class because of this. Can’t roll those stupid R’s.
43…can always find room for ice cream.
44….love the taste of Root Beer, but can only drink it mostly flat. Carbonation and I don’t get along.
45…don’t claim to know how to dance, but have danced in 2 performances in elementary and jr. high school…and thought it was fun. Just can’t loosen up and get comfortable with it now.
46…had stitches in my chin – 5 of them – because I was trying to be a goody-two-mismatched-shoes.
47…never had, or wanted, a Barbie, but always wanted a Polly Pocket.
48…dislike clothes shopping, but like new clothes.
49…love a good lightning and thunder storm.
50…used to be terrified of vacuums.
51…like the smell, but don’t like the taste, of sweet-and-sour sauce, as much as I want to
52…am not good at singing, but sure like to do it.
53…think raspberries taste best warm from the sun, fresh off the bush.
54…could eat breakfast food for every meal of the day.
55…didn’t enjoy piano lessons, but still love to play the piano for fun.
56…am a very sentimental pack rat – keep every card, letter, and email I get.
58…always appreciate a beautiful sunset.
59…love the sensation of leaving the ground: airplane, ultra-light, swing set, etc.
60…hate the sensation of falling.
61…feel the need to savor every bite while eating. That’d be the reason I am often the slowest eater at the table
62…am very adaptive. Every place I’ve lived felt like home, and I’d go back in a heartbeat, although I’d rather try out some new places first…
63…couldn’t whistle until Jr. High.
64…really believe that ‘funner’ needs to be a real word. It just makes sense
65…get an instant headache from the smell of cigarette smoke
66…have changed what I want to be when I grow up, a few times – it went something like this: trapeze artist, astronaut, photographer, architect.
67…collect postcards and put them in a little box I made just for that purpose. I love looking thru them and seeing all the places my friends and family have been.
68…had a great fear when I was younger that the house would start on fire. I would keep a spare pair of warm PJ’s and a blanket by my bed and think about what I would grab on the escape route. I even practiced jumping out the window (got in BIG trouble for that one!)
69…despise mosquitoes with everything in me.
70…learn better from people than from books.
71…wish I knew sign language better.
72…think I’d like to be a graphic designer if I ever decide to have a career change or side job.
73…have very low tolerance for pain – in fact I fear it.
74…collected feathers and quarters when I was younger and everyone was starting a collection of some kind.
75…love to go hunting and try to spot the animals before the dudes with guns, but I’m not so sure that I want to go hunting as a dude with a gun…
76…think it would be fun to learn to swing dance.
77…want to learn how to cook a mean meal on the grill.
78…love, love, love huckleberry ice cream
79…often break into spontaneous song, or whistling - mostly Wind Beneath My Wings, Up Where We Belong or Home on the Range. Don’t ask me why.
80…can use AutoCAD in my sleep almost, and love to be called or MSN’d at any hour to play “F1”.
81…love grocery shopping.
82…dislike matching and folding socks.
83…can look at recipe books for hours and never cook anything.
84…really like doing word games
85…like celebrating other people’s birthdays and come up with meaningful little gifts to give them or ways to make it their day. In fact, I like gift-giving in general, IF I have plenty of time to think about and plan it.
86…think it would be fun to sit on a yoga ball at work.
87…love waterfalls and hope to one day visit the amazing ones in Iceland .
88…get in “the mode” when I’m working on a project - I don’t breathe right, I forget to eat or drink, and it takes a long while to realize that the discomfort is because I really need to pee!
89…cope with missing people by planning a surprise for the next time I see them, or spending time on a surprise to send them. (I’m pretty sure I get more enjoyment out of this than they do – I really love a good surprise).
90…have to turn my phone screen-side down if it’s on the desk next to me when I’m working, or it will catch my eye every time the time changes.
91…am not friends with watercolors. I prefer medium I can control. That wishy-washy stuff just stresses me out!
92…want to know all of my friends’ birthdays and favorite pie – and I really wish I could remember all the ones I have learned!
93…decided between 8th and 9th grade that I didn’t want to have a nerdy summer. So, I didn’t read a single book or think intelligently about much. Purged, pretty much. It felt great until the first day of school when I realized how much I’d forgotten.
94…really enjoyed college Physics, although it is the hardest class I have ever taken.
95…was told once by a first-grader (when I was in 5th grade) that there was something wrong with my teeth. Needless to say, I was more than happy to get braces. It’s nice to not hear that anymore when I smile.
96…have a favorite childhood memory of going on walks with my youngest brother when he was just little and having trouble learning how to talk. We would talk about all sorts of things, collect rocks until my pockets were full, and walk until he got worried about being too far from home. I wonder if he remembers that at all…
97…still have trouble with story problems.
98…don’t even think twice about putting lemons in my water. You’re not going to talk it into being lemonade with one lousy lemon. That in-between stuff is just wrong.
99…need a kid fix every now and then…a nice break from adult conversation and means of entertainment.
100…really wish there was a drive-in theater nearby. That historic style of watching movies is still my favorite.
101…absolutely love to sleep outside and wake up to dew and sunshine.
2 comments:
loved that post Teresa!! It probably would take me forever to think of 101 things about myself. But I am going to try- I enjoyed getting to know more about you.
Wow... can't believe you found 101 things to say. I struggle with those blog questions to list your favorite activities. Very impressed.
Post a Comment