Saturday, August 25, 2012

Let's Get Together

The end of June brought Bethers to Moscow, to ride with me to Burley to see our clan.  Andy was working in central Idaho and met us there.  The weekend plans were perfect for this hard-working, easy-to-entertain group.  A concrete patio was poured Thursday night, and then we split into two teams for the next two days of house-raising and fence-building.  Any guesses which team we chose? :)

That's right - I finally got to be part of construction crew!  After all the plans I've drawn, it was a great experience to see it come together in person, to work through the challenges on site, and mostly just to sweat side-by-side with some of my favorite people.
Site Super: Joseph







The older kiddos helped with the projects or entertained the younger ones.  I'd say the working bug has made it to the next generation though, as their idea of fun was scrubbing all the homebuilders' vehicles!

We enjoyed down time together too, and after two long days in the merciless high desert sun, rewarded ourselves with an evening swim at the public pool.
Chad and Andy competing

No comments: