This time of year has been bittersweet lately. It is so very beautiful with all the rolling hills turning green, flowers blooming everywhere, trees coming alive, the farmer's market starting up, traffic quieting down... In fact, it was this time of year that I moved here and promptly fell in love with this place. I just might never, ever leave. The trouble is, that means bidding farewell to the people who do! This year was a bit different, since these buddies and I go way back...
Katie and I started our paths to architecture at the same time at a regional technical center our last two years of high school, learning hand drafting and AutoCAD. Then, we took the surveying class together at CSI. I left town rather suddenly and we lost track of each other. I'd been up here for almost 4 years when a mutual friend of ours walked into my studio and told me both he and Katie had just transferred to the architecture program here! As luck would have it, an intern position opened where I work, so we got to be coworkers too. So, we've been having all sorts of fun exploring this town, sampling the restaurants, chatting the hours away at work...She's great! Graduation, and the impending move-away, was just around the corner, and we realized we had zero pics of all our fun times, so we wandered over to the arboretum and snapped a few mementos. Very glad her new home isn't terribly far away!
Then there's Bethers, who packed up and drove across the nation. We go waaay back. And, photos? Well....they are probably more abundant than she'd like!
It's been a wonderfully fabulous 5 years with her in my little corner of the world. So many stories to laugh about 'til we can't remember them anymore! As if we need a real reason to laugh.... ;)
Cheers to you Bethers, and your grand new adventure way over there.




1 comment:
Haha! I don't have all those pictures...Never got the kibbie dome adventure pictures from you and completely forgot you photographed the pruning adventures. Got my best face in that one for sure!
Post a Comment