Last week, I caught a ride to southern Idaho with Marie to see friends and family and attend her wedding at the end of the week. I started in Pocatello, spending some quality time with my dear friend Tara. We worked, shopped, painted, enjoyed good food, and chitchatted for hours as friends do! It was a wonderful two days, and I unfortunately took zero photos...
I arrived back in Burley on Thursday, in time to do the massive grocery-shopping trip for the wedding reception and get busy making the food, under the direction of Chef Suzie. And, boy did we ever make enough to feed an army!
I arrived back in Burley on Thursday, in time to do the massive grocery-shopping trip for the wedding reception and get busy making the food, under the direction of Chef Suzie. And, boy did we ever make enough to feed an army!
Andy and Beth arrived Thursday evening, and we spent much of Friday at my parents' house, helping irrigate and seeing all the changes on the farm since we were there last.
Also finally got to meet my newest niece! Such an adorable and very mellow kiddo...
Friday night, Marie's female friends and family gathered 'round to celebrate her last night of single life.
There were gifts and root beer floats...
...and a fun "How Well Do You Know Marie" game, with some challenging questions.
Then, it was time to focus on the big event!
We decorated,
Occupied the kiddos,
Put finishing touches on the cake,
Formed an assembly line to build sandwiches for the soon-to-arrive guests,
and celebrated with the newly-wed couple.
Then, when the kids were wired...
And the chef was tired...
We sent the bride and groom on their merry way,
Cleaned up the show,
And called it a day.
Well...not quite. Once kiddos were put to bed, we played the hilarious board game, Quelf. A few hours of laughing at each other was an even better way to end the day!
4 comments:
Aww Marie looks beautiful! I really wish I could have been there!
She looked GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you showed us all the happenings for this event. More pictures! :)
I'm glad you guys had such a good time with your family!! Marie looks so happy and of course beautiful!!
What a great post to wrap up a busy but great event. It was good to see y'all again.
Post a Comment