14 core samples of soil from our garden beds, extracted 3 hours ago with a handy tool we borrowed from the Ag Extension office (below)
Mixing 'em all up together in a plastic bucket (yes-after an amazing weekend, our spring weather has vanished and it's cold today!)...
Filling a little paper bag
And, tomorrow we shall drop it off at the lab to be tested!
In about 2 weeks, we'll know how healthy our soil is and what it might need to grow the best garden ever - whenever springtime comes back to stay.
Pretty exciting stuff, huh?
4 comments:
How about that!! The other day the kids and I were walking to school and one of the neighbors had airated their lawn and it looked like you know what (kinda like what is in your bucket!!) and the kids freaked. They were all, "Mom did you see what a dog did in that person's yard. That's digusting"!! I don't know why I wrote that novel but it just reminded me of that!! I'm going to bed now!! Chow-
my first thought by looking at the first picture was charcoal for drawing. lol. I don't know why I thought that, but I thought it was a collection of all your small broken pieces.
That's pretty cool you took samples of your garden to better your garden. I think your soil is pretty fertile since you live in the palouse!
It will be interesting to see the results! I tried to do this at home with a home-test kit (I can tell you it wasn't so accurate!). Can't wait for spring and gardens! Happy days ahead! Love you guys!
I'm sure your soil is better than ours!
It was so fun seeing you this past weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment