I am home!
and...
We've made it happily to, and past, our 2-year celebration!
Now for the stories and pictures to go with those announcements. I was due to arrive on the 31st at 11:30pm. Andy had booked a hotel in Spokane, so we wouldn't be driving home really late and tired. The flight from London to Minneapolis was good and smooth, and we even arrived nearly 30 minutes early! Had a 3 hour layover to look forward to, so that just made it a little longer - but Minneapolis is a big airport and I was in-country with a cell phone and lots of people I'd love to talk to! Then, Andy calls to tell me he looked online and my flight is delayed. So, I go find some monitors and sure enough - instead of flying out at 9:45, it now says 11:19. Hmmm - so that puts me into Spokane at 1am. Definitely glad there's a nearby bed reserved for us!
So, I settle in for an even longer layover - had dinner and a nap and organized some pictures...
Finally flew out around 11:30 for the 4 hour flight. A little baby screamed most of the way and my neighbor thought I'd make a great pillow, but I managed to doze off a couple of times anyway. At one point I wake up and look out the window and see city lights below. It's about time to be in Spokane and I am sooooo excited! And then the pilot's voice comes over the speakers...
"I need your attention. We are now over Spokane, they have closed the runways for construction. They did know we were coming but decided not to wait for us. We will be continuing on to Seattle at this point and hopefully an agent there will be able to tell us more when we land. Fortunately, they told us before we started our descent. Will let you know more when we do. Thank you."
I'm scared to death of falling, but I would have loved to take a crash course on skydiving right then! Instead, I sat back for more air time to a city I realllllly didn't plan on visiting. We spent a couple of hours there, corralled into one gate at some annex of the airport before re-boarding the same plane with the same tired crew for the flight back to Spokane at 4am.
Andy had gotten the news on the ground and made some use of the hotel room for a few hours before meeting me at the airport at 5:30am, and we hit the road for home! Finally!
After a day of napping and trying to adjust to the 90+ temps, it was time to get back into the routine. That started with picking raspberries. Then, Mr. Scruffy and I decided to can some jam since the freezer is full.
Turned out beautifully!
And, I blinked and it was our anniversary!
Sounded like a good enough excuse to order our favorite from the Thai restaurant - orange chicken, pad thai, and fried rice...It was fabulous, as always. Then, the fun began. We've been wanting to have a pin-striping night for awhile, so I could try it for my first time and Andy could brush up on his neglected skills. Sounded like fun, so Andy got it all set up...and...
We've made it happily to, and past, our 2-year celebration!
Now for the stories and pictures to go with those announcements. I was due to arrive on the 31st at 11:30pm. Andy had booked a hotel in Spokane, so we wouldn't be driving home really late and tired. The flight from London to Minneapolis was good and smooth, and we even arrived nearly 30 minutes early! Had a 3 hour layover to look forward to, so that just made it a little longer - but Minneapolis is a big airport and I was in-country with a cell phone and lots of people I'd love to talk to! Then, Andy calls to tell me he looked online and my flight is delayed. So, I go find some monitors and sure enough - instead of flying out at 9:45, it now says 11:19. Hmmm - so that puts me into Spokane at 1am. Definitely glad there's a nearby bed reserved for us!
So, I settle in for an even longer layover - had dinner and a nap and organized some pictures...
Finally flew out around 11:30 for the 4 hour flight. A little baby screamed most of the way and my neighbor thought I'd make a great pillow, but I managed to doze off a couple of times anyway. At one point I wake up and look out the window and see city lights below. It's about time to be in Spokane and I am sooooo excited! And then the pilot's voice comes over the speakers...
"I need your attention. We are now over Spokane, they have closed the runways for construction. They did know we were coming but decided not to wait for us. We will be continuing on to Seattle at this point and hopefully an agent there will be able to tell us more when we land. Fortunately, they told us before we started our descent. Will let you know more when we do. Thank you."
I'm scared to death of falling, but I would have loved to take a crash course on skydiving right then! Instead, I sat back for more air time to a city I realllllly didn't plan on visiting. We spent a couple of hours there, corralled into one gate at some annex of the airport before re-boarding the same plane with the same tired crew for the flight back to Spokane at 4am.
Andy had gotten the news on the ground and made some use of the hotel room for a few hours before meeting me at the airport at 5:30am, and we hit the road for home! Finally!
After a day of napping and trying to adjust to the 90+ temps, it was time to get back into the routine. That started with picking raspberries. Then, Mr. Scruffy and I decided to can some jam since the freezer is full.
Turned out beautifully!
And, I blinked and it was our anniversary!
and we played! Andy is already figuring out designs that could actually go on cars and such...
and I'm practicing parallel lines and swoops, which turned into 2's and hearts (got a little theme going)...
It was really fun! And, quite possibly a new hobby to add to the growing repertoire. And, yet another learned from Andyman...and I couldn't be happier.

5 comments:
Congratulations on your anniversary! It's fun to be married to a good friend with different interests. Keeps life interesting. Darren would be so envious of the pin-striping. He was just showing me a video on youtube about it.
Your story about your flight and layover made me tired just reading it. Glad you made it home.
Congratulations! You found a good companion. Glad you made it home safe, can't wait to hear more about London.
Happy Anniversary to two wonderful people. It is great to hear all the fun stuff you are able to do together.
I bet you are tired of airplanes for a while and glad to be back to your own home. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Happy 2nd Anniversary! This means I need to really get that wedding album done! Can't wait to see you guys! Love and hugs!
oh what a doozy of a flight home I might have been tempted to skydive at that point too:). You two make such a great couple congrats on the 2 year mark
Post a Comment