President Daley-Laursen described the day as a graduation, or completion, of one phase of life and a commencement, or beginning, of a new one. Even with a bleak economy, I still say that the commencement is what I looked forward to the most. It feels good to put some things behind, but even better to put energy into future possibilities.
The building I've spent the last 2 years of schooling in is undergoing an intense remodel now, so here is a shot of the sign with a hint of construction in the background!I could not have asked for a more beautiful spring day to celebrate in - trees in full bloom, sun bright and warm...just perfect. And, my supporters of the moment were wonderful! Thank you for coming and creating memories of the day for me (and making us laugh for the camera, Papa :)
Thank you, dear sister-friends, for being that giddy energy for me to get me thru long nights of homework, for making the most of my vacation/breaks, and for at least acting as excited as I felt!
Thank you, Andyman, for being my constant, my coach, my listening ear, my needed distraction, and even my chef. Definitely could not have made it thru so happily without you!
And thank you, unpictured family and closest friends for believing in me. That is the fuel that feeds the fire. With you behind me, I know I will eventually accomplish everything I aim for on this road ahead.
photos courtesy of Margaret and Andy
4 comments:
Such a good post!! I am so glad it was a beautiful day for you. We missed being there but we were thinking of you!!
Congratulations.
Cherie
You posted that very well. I love the jumping picture! Congrats and it was great to see you in Oregon!!!
Congrats, kiddo. Was gonna post something of my own about this, but I think you did a far better job of it. You're awesome!
Post a Comment