(The best I can do is a cartoonish choo-choo train!)
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Moscow's 1st Oktoberfest
Moscow organized an Oktoberfest a couple of weeks ago (yes, in September, but never mind that). It landed on a beautiful Saturday, and it seemed the whole town was out enjoying the day and celebrating.
The weekly Farmer's Market in Friendship Square was swarming with happy people, a bluegrass band was playing live, and both artists and children were creating masterpieces with chalk on Main Street! The band, Forgotten Freight, is a well-known local group with Andy's co-worker Susan playing bass.


Andy and I were VERY impressed with the artists' ability to create these incredible portraits out of plain ol' sidewalk chalk!
(The best I can do is a cartoonish choo-choo train!)
(The best I can do is a cartoonish choo-choo train!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Oktoberfest is in September here too! Not sure why but it makes for better weather. Blue grass band and German Sausages....only in a college town! The art work is beautiful!
Post a Comment